AFSA is pleased to offer the Foreign Service Online Community as a benefit to members of the Foreign Service community.
Our online community is what we make of it. AFSA is committed to providing an online space where members can get in touch with each other, share ideas, interesting articles, professional insights, retirement questions and tips, or any other related content that is constructive and of general interest. Read the latest think tank article on the state of diplomacy? You can share your perspective. Going to travel to Istanbul? A user can post this kind of information on the site and potentially get in touch with colleagues for local recommendations or maybe even a chance to meet for coffee. The Foreign Service community is unique in its shared identity, experiences, and richness. We hope that our online community will reinforce and sustain our professional bonds. Please make sure to read the code of conduct carefully.
We hope you’ll take a moment to sign up and encourage your friends and colleagues to do the same. The more voices we have, the richer the conversation!
How to Join the Foreign Service Online Community
To join the Foreign Service Online Community, please follow the instructions below. All members, whether retired or active duty, are welcomed and encouraged to join.
- Send an email to FSCommunity@afsa.org. Please provide your first and last name and the email address you would like to use.
- You will receive an email from Yahoo inviting you to join the FS Online Community. Please click the link in that email to join the group.
- On the Yahoo site, you will be asked to Sign in or create a new account.
- If you have a Yahoo account, you can simply log in.
- If you do not have a Yahoo account, select “Sign up”.
Please note that you can use a non-Yahoo email address to join the FS Online Community, but in order for Yahoo to recognize your email address it will need to create a Yahoo ID. To do this, select the link on the Sign In page which says, “I’d rather use my own email address”.
If you have any questions, please contact FSCommunity@afsa.org or refer to the Frequently Asked Questions and other resources below.
We want to ensure that everyone who wants to join can, so if you run into difficulties, please contact AFSA:
- Senior Manager of Programs and Member Engagement Christine Miele – email@example.com or (202) 944-5517
- Coordinator of Member Relations and Events Ashley Baine – firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 338-4045 x525