- Active Duty Membership
- Retiree Membership
- Associate Membership
- Renew Your Membership
- Benefits of Membership
- Retiree Services
- AFSA Community
- AFSA Post Representatives
- Your Elected Representatives
- Labor-Management Guidance
- Pet Issues
- Member Directory
- Change Your Address
- Insurance Information
- Contact Us
- Awards & Honors
- About AFSA
AFSA members receive discounted membership and rates from Zipcar, the world's largest car sharing service. With over 10,000 cars in over 470 cities and towns and more than 50 airports throughout Austria, Canada, France, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States, you can always find a car, whether it's for a quick trip or a weekend getaway.
AFSA members will now receive a 50% discount on Zipcar's annual fee and up to 30% off rental fees. The details are as follows:
- Instead of paying an annual fee of $70, you will pay $35.
- Monday-Friday, get 10%-30% off hourly rates on most cars.
- Monday-Friday, a 24-hour rental is $69 rather than $80 - $100.
- AFSA members will also be able to take advantage of a $59 7am-7pm deal, Monday through Friday, which is not available to regular members.
- All rates include gas, insurance, and 180 miles/day ($0.45/mile thereafter). These special rates cover all vehicles except luxury and cargo vans; weekend rates average $12/hour and $93/day.
To Sign Up: Fill out the online application at http://www.zipcar.com/afsa. You will need your driver’s license (from any country) and credit card. You will need to enter your AFSA member number. If you don't know it, please check the mailing label of your Foreign Service Journal; the number is printed there above your name. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. After you are approved, your Zipcard will arrive at your billing address in 5-7 days. Alternatively, you can elect to pick up your Zipcard at one of Zipcar’s local offices.
How it Works: Once you’ve received your Zipcard, simply make a reservation online and use your Zipcard to access the reserved vehicle. Invoices are online and updated after each reservation (click on “my stuff” then “my bill” to view your invoice). Your credit card will be charged after the end of each reservation.
Already a Zipcar member? Give them a call at 1-866-4ZIPCAR and select option 2 for account assistance, followed by option 1 for billing. Let the agent know you’d like to be added to the American Foreign Service Association (AFSA) Zipcar for Business plan.
Questions? Contact Zipcar at 1-866-4ZIPCAR. If you are not a member yet, hit option 3 for more info followed by 1 to speak to a representative.