Foreign Agricultural Service
Mark Petry, Vice President
Welcome to the FAS page of the AFSA website. I look forward to working closely with the membership to establish priorities and set an ambitious agenda for this board's term, including both the broad AFSA-wide issues that face FSOs and those that are specific to FAS. My number one priority is to ensure that this is a membership-driven process. There is a lot of activity within the Agency that involves AFSA and our members' concerns, especially the work to ensure a right-sizing of FAS FSOs at all ranks. While I know AFSA can't do everything, with your involvement I am confident we can make a difference.
Please check this page frequently for recent updates and helpful links as well as general information regarding our work.
Visit the Foreign Agricultural Service web page.
Recent FSJ Articles
- Best Foot Forward (Mar 2017)
- Crash Course on Promotions (Dec 2016)
- Realistic Expectations (Oct 2016)
- Thinking Outside the Box (Jul-Aug 2016)
- Self Help (May 2016)
- Off Balance? (Mar 2016)
- Workforce Planning Overdue at FAS (Dec 2015)
- Reinvigorating the FAS Esprit de Corps (Oct 2015)
- Formula for Success? (Jul-Aug 2015)
Contacts and Related Links
- FAS Performance and Budget Integration Plan [pdf] [MS Word doc]
- FAS Annual Performance Plan (PDF)
Collective Bargaining Agreements
- FAS Collective Bargaining Agreement (May 16, 2013)
- FAS Certification of Representative MOU Collective Bargaining Agreement (June 2, 1994)