- Awards & Honors
- About AFSA
In This Issue
- AFSA Welcomes the New Secretary of State
- State VP Voice—Open Season for New MSI Award Program
- FCS VP Voice—Language Training
- Retiree VP Voice—What Is AFSA?
- AFSA’s Lifetime Contributions Award Recipient Announced
- AFSA Hosts UT Austin Researchers
- Leadership Webinar Draws 50
- 2017-2019 AFSA Governing Board Candidates
- Look for Your Ballot!
- New Staff Members Join AFSA
- Spring Interns Arrive at AFSA
- AFSA Attends Forum on Diplomacy and Statecraft
- AFSA Sponsors HECFAA Interns at State
- Governing Board Meeting Notes
- Partnering with National 4-H
- Retirees Speak at 4-H Youth Summit
- AFSA Kicks Off Discussions on Professional Issues
- Handling Stress and Trauma in the Foreign Service
The AFSA News section of The Foreign Service Journal began in the 1960s and today remains one of the Journal's most popular sections. It is designed as the voice of AFSA as a labor union and professional association, and highlights association news, activities and advocacy on behalf of the Foreign Service.
In addition to the regular sections from the constituency Vice Presidents, the content varies widely. We report on AFSA events, upcoming program, deadlines, scholarships, professional enrichment opportunities, and so on. The idea is to keep readers up to date on what we are working on at each time, reporting on important issues, and providing some interesting and important reading material to the community at large.
We are always looking for submissions for AFSA News from talented writers in the Foreign Service community. We always want to hear from our members and their families, so please send us your content for such regular features as the Post Rep Corner, cartoons, From Our Members, Active After Active Duty, Family Life Matters, Memo of the Month, and EFM/MOH Issues. These should be no more than 500-600 words, and should be sent to Associate Editor Gemma Dvorak at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach Gemma at (202) 944-5511. We can't promise that every submission will be published, but we will do our best! (All submissions will be subject to editing prior to publication.)