Department of State
Angie Bryan, State Vice President
Welcome! I am honored to serve as your full-time State Vice President. A member of the Foreign Service for over 23 years, I am excited to play my part in making the 2015-2017 AFSA Governing Board a success on behalf of our members. I fundamentally believe in the importance of AFSA's dual role as the professional association and public sector union for the Department's 14,000 active duty Foreign Service employees.
During my two-year term I look forward to addressing these issues at the Department for all Foreign Service employees. The challenges facing the Service are many, but with your help we can tackle them together.
I welcome your suggestions and ideas and look forward to hearing from you! Stop by HST Room 1251 next time you're in the building and say hi. Your AFSA office is right across from the Employee Services Center.
Click here to send me an email!
HST 1251, (202) 647-8160
Meet Your State Reps!
My FSJ Columns
- A Strong Foreign Service Begets Strong Diplomacy (Jan-Feb 2016)
- The Challenges and Frustrations of Bidding (Dec 2015)
- AFSA Post Reps: Not Your Average Appointment (Nov 2015)
- Know (and Invoke) Your Rights (Oct 2015)
- Wanted: Your Solutions to Foreign Service Challenges (Sep 2015)