- Recent AFSA Messages
- Ambassador Tracker
- Tax Guide
- Retiree Newsletter
- Labor-Management Guidance
- Online FS Resources
- AFSA Post Representatives
- AFSA Videos
- Foreign Service Blogs
- AFSA Community
- Pet Resources
- Inside a U.S. Embassy
- Voter Registration Guide
- Member Directory
- Education Supplement
- Foreign Service Reading List
- AFSA Bookstore
- Divorce Resources
- Speaking Out
- Foreign Service Know-How
- Job Opportunities
- In Memory/Obituaries
- The Foreign Service Journal
- Awards & Honors
- About AFSA
Job Opportunities For Retirees
In addition to the jobs featured below, the following companies, universities and non-profits offer employment to former and retired Foreign Service personnel:
- www.selfhelpinternational.org - Self-Help International (SHI) has always been concerned with helping people help themselves; it governs what projects we undertake, where they take place, and what our end goal should be. We have committed to two countries in the world: Ghana, West Africa, and Nicaragua, Central America.
- jobs.rice.edu/postings/search - Careers with Rice University.
- www.worldlearning.org - World Learning is a nonprofit organization advancing leadership in more than 60 countries.
- www.usajobs.gov - USAJOBS is the Federal Government’s official one-stop source for federal jobs and employment information.
- www.irex.org/careers - IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally.
- www.ellucian.com - At Ellucian, provides education institutions with the innovative solutions they need to help people everywhere discover their futures through learning.
- www.fhi360.org/careers - FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
- ibtci.devhire.devex.com - International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. small business, supporting and facilitating economic and industrial development.
- www.crownagents.com/en-US/jobs - Crown Agents USA delivers innovative economic development, health services, procurement, food security, and monitoring and evaluation projects as a development partner.
- www.planusa.org/careers - Plan International USA works with partners, donors, and communities to ensure a brighter future for children around the world.
- www.care.org/careers - Serves individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world.
- www.urc-chs.com/join-our-team - For 50 years, URC has sought to combine the idealism of academic research with the pragmatism necessary in the real world.
- www.pactworld.org - Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides.
- www.camris.com/Careers.htm - CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services.
- iocareers.state.gov/Main/Content/Page/short-term-contracts - International Organization Careers - Short-Term Contracts - Employment opportunities and recruit for specific technical expertise or to fill temporary staffing gaps.
Click on one of the following categories to jump down to the corresponding list of jobs. To post a job, please click here.
- STATE DEPARTMENT JOBS
- NONPROFIT & ACADEMIC JOBS
- WAE EMPLOYMENT
- USAID-RELATED JOBS
- MISCELLANEOUS JOBS
State Department Jobs
There are no featured State Department jobs posted at this time.
Nonprofit & Academic Jobs
There are no featured Nonprofit or Academic jobs posted at this time.
There are no featured WAE jobs posted at this time.
There are no featured USAID-related jobs posted at this time.
Click on one of the following featured jobs to view its full description.
- Federal Disaster Recovery Coordinators (posted 1/17/18)
Federal Disaster Recovery Coordinators
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to support survivors and first responders in communities all across the country.
We are seeking Federal Disaster Recovery Coordinators (FDRC) in multiple locations.
Federal Disaster Recovery Coordinators
FDRCs lead the effort to incorporate recovery and mitigation considerations into the early decision making process. They also monitor the impacts and results of such decisions and evaluate the need for additional assistance and adjustments where necessary and feasible throughout the recovery. The application deadline is 1/30/18.
- Facilitate disaster recovery coordination and collaboration between the federal interagency and tribal, state, and local governments, the private sector, and voluntary, faith based and community organizations
- Coordinate and lead pre-disaster recovery planning as well as post-disaster recovery planning
- Cultivate new and leverage existing relationships with personnel at the Federal, State, Tribal and local levels, including the private and nonprofit sectors
- Work with the impacted community to establish relevant recovery measures and to incorporate mitigation and resilience-building into recovery plans and implementation
- Facilitate the development of a unified communications strategy to keep Congress, partners, the general public, media, and elected officials informed
Cadre of On-Call Response/Recovery
The FDRC and FCO positions are part of the Cadre of On-Call Response/Recovery Employees (CORE). CORE employees are hired to work for a specific, limited period, between two to four years. These positions may be renewed if there is ongoing disaster work and funding is available. CORE employees are generally eligible for the same benefits as Permanent Full-Time employees, but do not gain competitive status nor career tenure during their term. CORE employees can be hired under a streamlined process instead of a competitive process. Read more about CORE employees.