Additional Programs

Below you will find a list of other unique opportunities for students and young professionals ranging from study abroad programs, scholarships, and other activities!

Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals, Germany

Who: U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident (age 18-24) with a high school diploma and some relevant experience in their career field (work, internship or volunteer).
What: CBYX offers young professionals the opportunity to study abroad in Germany for a cultural exchange. Participants will be able to meet with government officials while learning the German language and culture. They will also live with a host family and make connections with State Department program alumni.
When: The program has three phases that will take place throughout an academic year in Germany: intensive language training; one semester of classes; an internship in selected career field.
How: Apply via

Critical Language Scholarship Program

Who: U.S. citizen undergraduate and graduate students who have completed one year of course work at start of program.
What: Opportunities to study one of 14 critical languages in immersion programs abroad. Languages offered: Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bangla, Chinese, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Punjabi, Russian, Swahili, Turkish, and Urdu.
When/Where: This program takes place over the summer in selected countries worldwide.
How: Visit
Funding: Program, housing and travel costs are covered.

Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship

Who: U.S. citizen undergraduates who are Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.
What: The scholarship offers students the opportunity to study or intern abroad, providing them with skills critical to our national security and economic prosperity.
When/Where: The program is offered during the fall, spring, and summer semesters and can take place in almost any country.
How: Apply via
Funding: Awards of up to $5,000 are made for up to one academic year of undergraduate study abroad. Award amounts will vary.

Boren Awards for International Study—Boren Scholarships

Who: U.S. citizen undergraduate student matriculated in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program located within the United States.
What: The Boren Awards fund the intensive study of language and culture abroad by U.S. undergraduate or graduate students. All eligible applicants have the option to either apply for a Regional Flagship Language Initiative or select/design their own study program.
When/Where: The program is offered during the fall, spring, and summer semesters and can take place in worldwide. Programs that last more than 2 semester are strongly encouraged.
How: Apply via
Funding: The funding awarded is as follows: 8-11 weeks: $8,000 for a summer program (STEM majors only); 12-24 weeks: $12,500; 25-52 weeks: $25,000.

Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Summer Enrichment Program

Who: U.S. citizen full-time undergraduate students with a GPA of 3.2 or above.
What: Six-week program designed to provide undergraduates with a deeper appreciation of current issues and trends in international affairs and a greater understanding of career opportunities in international affairs.
When/Where: The program takes place in the summer in Washington, D.C.
How: Apply via
Funding: Tuition, travel, housing, two meals per day and a stipend of $3,200.

Fulbright U.S. Student Program

Who: U.S. citizen graduating seniors, Master’s students, doctoral students, and young professionals.
What: A wide range of fellowships for academic study, research and teaching English abroad.
When/Where: The program takes place at various times and the Fulbright Program has partnerships with. Over 140 countries worldwide.
How: Current students must apply through their school. See: for a full list of programs and for a list of Fulbright on-campus advisors.
Funding: Varies based on program.

Foreign Policy Classroom

Who: Students and faculty members interested in elevating their knowledge of foreign policy priorities. What: The Office of Public Liaison’s academic-focused Foreign Policy Classroom creates an opportunity for students to attend a relevant foreign policy briefing with a Department official at the U.S. Department of State in Washington, DC. When/Where: Classroom sessions take place throughout the year. How: Visit to learn more.

Model UN

Who: University student from one of over 130 UN Member States. What: A university-level Model UN that brings students together to discuss important global issues. When/Where: There are three conferences throughout the year: In April there is a conference in New York City, in mid-November there is a conference in Washington DC, and in late-November there is a conference held in Germany. How: Visit for more information on how to participate.